We seek to continue to build on UCI Armenian Studies, thus transforming it into one of the leading programs in which to pursue Armenian Studies. We aspire to develop the Armenian Studies Program at UCI into one of the leading academic programs in which to pursue Armenian Studies.
We aim to prepare new generations of specialists in the field who will be able to contribute to its scholarship in novel and significant ways. To accomplish these goals and develop the Center for Armenian Studies, we are pursuing an endowment.
Short-term - Immediate funding needed to build the program’s foundation
- Ensuring the teaching of two levels of Armenian language in 2024-2025.
- Unrestricted gifts: These gifts allow the director to respond to the greatest needs of the program. Gifts of all sizes are encouraged.
Long-term - To sustain growth toward becoming the premier program in Armenian studies across the nation
- Endowment to meet the Center's priorities, including the teaching of Armenian language in perpetuity.
- Graduate fellowships and research funding.
- Undergraduate scholarships: Fully-funded scholarships or annual awards of various amounts.