We seek to develop the Armenian Studies Program at UCI into one of the leading academic programs in which to pursue Armenian Studies. We aspire to prepare new generations of specialists in the field who will be able to contribute to its scholarship in novel and significant ways.
Short-term - Immediate funding needed to build the program’s foundation
- Ensuring the teaching of two levels of Armenian language in 2022-2023.
- Unrestricted gifts: These gifts allow the director to respond to the greatest needs of the program. Gifts of all sizes are encouraged.
Long-term - To sustain growth toward becoming the premier program in Armenian studies across the nation
- Endowment to preserve the teaching of Armenian language in perpetuity.
- Graduate fellowships and research funding.
- Undergraduate scholarships: Fully-funded scholarships or annual awards of various amounts.
- Center for Diasporan Armenian Studies.
- Endowed Chair in Western Armenian Literature.
- Endowed Chair in Armenian Women and Gender.