The Master of English is awarded to candidates who complete 32 units of graduate coursework and submit an acceptable master's thesis essay.
Coursework and Thesis
- 32 units of primary coursework, usually completed over the course of two academic calendar years or six quarters (with part-time enrollment assumed as one course per quarter) and one intervening summer session (with enrollment in three courses taught during a six-week session);
- Complete 6 units of ENGL 206 in the first year (2 units per quarter).
- Complete 6 units of ENGL 207 in the second year (2 units per quarter).
- Complete ENGL 208 in the sixth quarter of instruction.
- Complete the master's thesis essay by the end of the sixth quarter.
For any questions, please contact the Master of English Program Administrator at email@example.com or (949) 824-6713.